a quick rundown:

My photo
Grand Rapids, MI, United States
I am a major goofball--I love making people laugh and having fun and being totally silly. I'm not afraid to be introspective, and really believe that if I help myself, I can better help the world.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

drove to chicago.

"you came to take us
all things go, all things go
to recreate us
all things grow, all things grow
we had our minds set
all things known, all things known,
you had to find it
all things go, all things go"

you know, despite the fact that i haven't lived my life in a way that seems most beneficial to me now, it's been exactly the way it's supposed to have been. i could take the attitude that everything sucks and life is awful and futile and pointless, and the only refuge i have is to feel sorry for myself. i really can't do that.

i feel so hopeful about what may lie ahead. but also, about what the present means. the present is emotion that i never wanted to feel, tasks i never wanted to complete, a person i always hid from. i am here in this moment, naked and cold, ready to be clothed and made warm again.

thank God for sufjan stevens. i think i have spiritual experiences through music and the way it makes me feel more than anything else.

1 comment:

HiddenKinship said...

I can't remember what I said in the other comment, but it was probably something to the effect of, "Preach it, Preacher!" Anyhow, I took myself out to Lars and the Real Girl and loved every minute of it. Definitely a must-see.